The Lenord+Bauer range of speed and position sensors are wide-spread in two distinct application areas:
Speed and position sensing on the likes of…
- Speed detection in HSC spindles (High-Speed-Cutting)
- Milling and grinding spindles in machine tools for the machining of metal, wood, glass, stone and aluminium
- Angle measurement in radar equipment
- Electronic synchronisation of helical spindles in dry-running vacuum pumps
- Test stands
- Integrated into motors and gearboxes
Speed sensing in rail vehicles for…
- Traction control
- Wheel slip prevention
- Motor speed monitoring
The Lenord+Bauer sensors are contact-free and equipped with a magnetic scanning system which, in conjunction with a toothed wheel as a measuring scale, permit the measurement of rotary motion. This solution is exceptionally space-saving. For the measurement of linear motion, a pitch structure in a piston rod can also be detected by a suitably configured MiniCoder.
The sensor elements, the magnet and the integrated electronic system are incorporated in state-of-the-art microsystem technology and are fully encapsulated. The design, together with subsequent circuitry, ensures an electrically and mechanically robust product.