The GEL 2478 speed and position sensor delivers a square-wave, voltage output from 0 Hz without pulse loss and for high-speed rotation up to 20 kHz.
The sensor is suitable for ATEX applications to compliance level Ex II 2G EX ib IIB T4 Gb.
The speed sensor operates based on the magnetic measurement principle. It is maintenance- and wear-free and operates contact free. Measurement of rotation and position is acquired from ferromagnetic target wheels or measuring rods.
- Can be used under very harsh conditions
- Low lifecycle costs for end customer due to high reliability
- Easy installation due to standardized mounting flange
- ATEX compliance level Ex II 2G EX ib IIB T4 Gb
- Robust and compact stainless steel housing suitable for harsh fittings conditions
- Simple flange mounting
- Customized cable fittings
|Technical data||GEL 2478|
|Fields of application||Measurement of speed and positions at gears, motors and rollersPosition detection on piston rods, speed and position detection in explosion-harzadous areas|
|Supply voltage||10 to 30 V DC, 10 to 28 V DC for ATEX|
|Measuring range||0 Hz to 20 kHz|
|Temperature range||-40 °C to +120 °C, -40 °C to +85 °C for ATEX|
|Protection class||IP 68|
|Number of channels||up to 2|
|Module m of target wheel||1 to 3.5|
|Pitch p of measuring rod||4.0|
|Material of target wheel||ferromagnetic steel|
|Air gap target wheel||0.2 mm to 3.0 mm, depending on the module|
|Air gap measuring rod||0.2 mm to 1.0 mm|