EC Regulation No. 1907/2006 on Registration, Evaluation, Authorization, and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) affects all companies producing, importing, using, or placing products on the European market. The aim of REACH is to improve the protection of human health and the environment from chemical substances contained within preparations and manufactured articles.
1. Manufacturers and importers of chemical substances and of any preparation are required to register the substance and its usage with the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA).
2. Manufacturers and importers are required to provide downstream users with material safety data sheets that document the risk to human health and / or the environment posed by the substance(s), specifically including the risk of contact or contamination from normal use and handling.
3. (2) also applies to a manufactured “article” that contains and might release substances during normal use and handling.
4. (1) also applies where an article contains or is made up of a substance and where the mass percentage per article exceeds 0.1% and where the cumulative trade volume of the substance exceeds 1 Ton per annum.
5. It is a manufacturer’s responsibility to ensure that these obligations are met at the component level and not merely for the assembly / finishing process.
6. The list of “substances” that are controlled by the regulation is updated periodically.
Motor Technology Ltd does not manufacture or import chemicals. Motor Technology is an importer and user of “articles” as defined in REACH. The products that you (our customer) purchase do not contain and will not release any “substance” during normal use or within reasonable / foreseeable conditions of storage and handling and consequently, are exempt from requirements 1 and 2 above.
Motor Technology does not intentionally add Substances of Very High Concern (SVHC) (as updated 16th July 2019) to our products and to the best of our knowledge they do not contain any SVHC (or if they do contain any SVHC then the presence is less than 0.1% wt/wt) except in cases where the product contains a battery. Under normal and reasonable conditions of use, storage and handling, these batteries will not release any substance.
Below are a number of related statements from our suppliers:
If you have any further questions regarding REACH compliance, please visit: https://www.hse.gov.uk/reach/ or email us at email@example.com.