A stepper motor (or stepping motor) is a brushless, synchronous electric motor that can divide a full rotation into a large number of steps.
The motor’s position can be controlled precisely without any feedback mechanism (open-loop control), as long as the motor is carefully sized to the application.
Stepper motors are similar to switched reluctance motors.
Our range of stepper motor drives provides cost effective control of stepper motors with standard functions such as:
- micro-stepping, up to 25,600ppr
- gate function, drives can be individually switched to either active or inactive modes
- oscillator function, that can be configured for up to two independent motor speeds
- Fieldbus options including, CanBUS, ModBUS, EtherCAT and ProfiNET
- intelligent drives with integrated controller
- open- and closed-loop drives