The GEL 2444 MiniCODERs are available in two variants, the GEL 2444-T sensor that generates a square wave output and the GEL 2444-K sensor that generates a sine wave output from a ferro-magnetic tooth-wheel. The output signals are compatible with a wide range of control equipment and drive modules. The sensor unit also offers internal interpolation of the signals by up to a factor of x20, giving a high precision output for speed and position monitoring.
Rotary motion can be detected with the GEL 2444 sensor and typical applications include integration into machine tool spindles (including HSC high-speed-cutting spindles), electric motors, gearboxes and other applications.
The sensor / tooth-wheel combination has been implemented on applications up to 70,000rpm and the electronics comply with the “safety integrated” standard for numerical control applications.
- Measurement of rotary motion using tooth-wheels
- Max. air gap 0.15 mm, depending on module
- Amplitude control
- Protection class IP 68
- Suitable for rotary module 0.3 and 0.5
- Frequency range is 0…200 kHz
- Temperature range -20 … + 120° C
- Supply voltage 5 V DC
- Sinewave output signal, Sin/Cos 1 Vpp
- Speed detection in HSC spindles (High-Speed-Cutting)
- Measurement of speed and position of milling and grinding spindles in machine tools for the machining of metal, wood, glass, stone and aluminium
- Angle measurement in radar equipment
- Electronic synchronization of helical spindles in dry-running vaccum pumps
- Measurement of speed in test stands